Premier League stars Eden Hazard, Mohammed Salah, Kevin De Bruyne and Harry Kane are among 10 players shortlisted for the 2018 FIFA ‘The Best’ Award.
Tottenham’s Kane won the Golden Boot at the World Cup in Russia with six goals as England achieved their best finish since 1990 while Chelsea’s Hazard and Manchester City’s De Bruyne were instrumental as Belgium finished 3rd at the same tournament.
Liverpool’s Mohammed Salah finished top of the Premier League goalscorers chats and led the reds to the champions league final. He also top scored in leading Egypt to a first world cup appearance in 28 years.
19 year old Paris St. Germain forward, Kylian Mbappe, who led France to world cup glory was also nominated along with countryman Raphael Varane of Real Madrid.
Cristiano Ronaldo who left Real Madrid to join Juventus this summer and Barcelona and Argentina forward Lionel Messi who together have won the last 10 editions of the award are up again for the gong this year.
- Cristiano Ronaldo – Juventus & Portugal
- Kevin De Bruyne – Manchester City & Belgium
- Antoine Griezmann – Atletico Madrid & France
- Eden Hazard – Chelsea & Belgium
- Harry Kane – Tottenham & England
- Kylian Mbappe – Paris St-Germain & France
- Lionel Messi – Barcelona & Argentina
- Luka Modric – Real Madrid & Croatia
- Mohamed Salah – Liverpool & Egypt
- Raphael Varane – Real Madrid & France